10 Best Activities for Summer in Columbia
Did you know this year is the bicentennial of Columbia, Missouri? What better way to celebrate our town than to see what it has to offer for you, your friends, and your family this summer season! Below you will find our 10 favorite things to do this summer in Columbia. While we’re on the subject, do you have your outdoor living the way you want it? Needing more outdoor space? We have agents ready to help, click here to find yours!
Summer in Columbia, MO
- Columbia Farmers MarketEvery Saturday from 8-12, residents from Columbia and surrounding communities gather to find fresh produce, flowers, plants, and home goods from farmers and makers in a 100 mile radius. Shopping with kids? Be sure to check out family friendly events.
- Rose Music HallRose Music Hall, located in downtown Columbia, has created a wonderful venue for concerts and outdoor fellowship. With stages both indoors and out, a park to lay your blanket, and rotating food options, there is sure to be a show for every type of listener.
- Camp CoMo KidzCampers will enjoy outdoor activities, games, crafts, swimming and many other fun activities while making new friends for a lifetime. Located at Stephens Lake Park, enrollment is open to all kids entering first grade, up to those who have completed seventh grade.
- Stephens Lake ParkStephens Lake Park is the perfect place for spending your days during summer in Columbia. This park has a swimming lake, plenty of paved trails for walking or running, and rolling hills, perfect for picnicking and spending time with friends.
- Rock Bridge State ParkRock Bridge State Park, located in southern Columbia, boasts 2273 acres of wooded trails. It is also home to the Devil’s Icebox, a cave that is an easy walk up the trail to see. These trails have easy access to other trails throughout the area, so your hike can be as long or short as you want.
- Coopers LandingWant a space to listen to the river, sit by a fire, and hear music? Enter Coopers Landing! Now under new ownership, Coopers offers a space for you and yours to grab a drink, food from rotating food trucks, and even camp for a few nights. With nightly bonfires, watching the sunset on the river just got better.
- Daniel Boone Regional LibraryDaniel Boone Regional Library offers plenty of reading group options for adults and children over the summer. There are summer groups and reading programs for kids in order to keep their mind fresh between school years.
- Maplewood Barn Outdoor TheaterMid-Missouri’s outdoor non-profit theater is the best spot to expand your horizons. They also offer student scholarships and radio production during the winter. The 2021 season has three shows to showcase Missouri in honor of the state’s bicentennial birthday.
- Pedaler’s JamboreeWith tickets for 2500 riders, Pedaler’s Jamboree is a biking festival set to allow bikers to travel from Columbia down the trail to Jefferson City. This festival has stops down the trail for music and food breaks, then ends at Ellis-Porter Park, with camping options available as well.
- Warm Springs RanchSituated on more than 300 acres, Warm Springs Ranch is the official breeding facility for the Budweiser brewing Clydesdales. The Ranch offers tours, and VIP tours that can give you a background look into the upbringing of these magnificent horses.
While you’re here, you may also want to check out our most visited pages!
- The Hotsheet! ALL of the homes in the entire MLS that have been listed within the past 7 days!
- Featured Listings! Check out all the BHHS Homes for Sale in Columbia, Missouri!
- Communities! See all the active homes within a specific neighborhood or subdivision!
DID YOU KNOW…
That when you search for homes online, many of the bigger sites are getting their data from external sources, which often times display the inaccurate prices, pictures, and over all data about a specific home. Mycomohome.com gets 100% of all it’s data from a direct feed from the Columbia, Missouri MLS. That means that every 5 minutes, our site refreshes the MLS data, so that when you search for homes HERE, you are assured you’re getting the most up to minute information. In a market like Columbia’s, it’s critical to make sure your information is not only accurate, but the most up to date!